Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gil Scott Heron and a song for All saints day

In Finland we don't celebrate so much halloween. We have more the all saints day, pyhäinpäivä. And I found a perfect song and video for them both. Here you can find more about this interesting artist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Scott-Heron



He passed away May 2011, but did still 2010 over 100 gigs. Check his last album, after 16 years brake in 2010 he released "I'm New Here". There's also very great remix version of this album done by Jamie xx and it's called Gil Scott Heron and Jamie xx: "We're new here"


Gil Scott Heron - "Me and the devil"


This song has also quite heavy but beautiful lyrics:

leaving grief beyond compare
so if you see the vulture coming
flying circles in your mind
remember their is no escaping
for he will follow close behind

only promise me a battle
a battle
for your soul and mind
and mine
and mine

Gil Scott Heron and Jamie xx - "I'll take care of you"




Gil Scott Heron and Jamie xx - "I'm new here"



I did not become someone different
That I did not want to be
But I'm new here
Will you show me around


No comments:

Post a Comment