Sunday, August 11, 2013

Massive spaces - massive sounds

For some time already I have wanted to go to listen to an organ concert in a church or a choir. I once had the chance just randomly being at the right time to listen some organ music in a church in Rotterdam. I really loved how the sound was everywhere, in big space like in a church the sound has sooo much more height for it, it becomes overwhelming. And it's sometimes good to get this feeling of overwhelming sounds around you.

I found this handy page if you are looking for concerts in churches in Berlin/Germany. It lists quite many of them, definitely going to head up some Saturday evening to Berliner Dom to attend a concert. Berliner Dom is anyhow extremely big and I think it will be awesome! I'll post more about it after a concert, hopefully soon!

Here's the link to the website!
http://www.musikinkirchen.de

I'll just link one choir music cd just started to listen, beginning is super beautiful, oh, it is the Agnus Dei part! But have to admit that I don't know almost anything about choirmusic, so just hit choirmusic and church to youtube and see what you find!


Sacred choir music - The choir of new college, Oxford



And a real classic choice for some badass organ music!

Johann Sebastian Bach - "Toccata and fugue in D minor"

No comments:

Post a Comment